Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Farewell to Niklaas






The ninth graders went to the local ice cream shop, Eis Cafe, to have a going away party for one of mystudents. The best part--we skipped English class to do it. The kids asked if we could do it more often. Hmmm...ice cream OR writing, reading, and vocab. I can see their point.

Niklaas does not always have red spots on his cheek. Earlier in the day he was tackled by two of his friends and every ninth grade girl, who had liberally applied bright red lipstick, went and kissed him goodbye. (Just in case you get the wrong idea, that kind of thing is not a regular occurence at BFA.)

I overhead one of the girls ask him how it was. "I fought it at first," Nik said, "and then I just gave in."

I told him to remember that--it would be good marriage advice.

No comments: