Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Church at Black Forest Academy



FYI: Where have Brad and I been attending church, we have been asked? We have been attending BFCF, Black Forest Christian Fellowship, an English speaking church that meets on the campus of the school.


What is the church body like? It is a church body made up primarily of missionaries, students and staff of BFA, and internationals from as far away as Switzerland, France and other communities around the Black Forest region of Germany.

I found it interesting that approximately one-third of the church body leaves annually to be replaced by new incoming missionaries.

Can you imagine one-third of your church body (300 strong + 300 BFA students) leaving every year--not to mention the exodus of 400+ that leave every summer, and then the following fall being replaced by new staff and students who have unique needs such as needing to be acclimated to a new culture? I can tell you personally that the needs of the incoming missionaries are great, spiritually and otherwise.

The church is having a mission's conference in two weeks. Interestingly enough, the church here on the campus of BFA is the sending church for six missionaries. Pretty awesome, isn't it? A church for missionaries on the field in Germany devotes almost one-third of its budget to sending other missionaries around the world to fulfill the Great Commission.

I keep thinking that this creates an interesting challenge for the church, the pastor, and the elders--as well as the lay people organizing Sunday School (only for kids 12 and under).

Please pray for the church in Kandern, Germany.

1 comment:

yoyoco said...

Praise the Lord:
1/3 of their budget. Thats great.
Keep up the good work and I will keep you in my prayers.
I am in Hawaii now till the 22nd of Nov

Rae