Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ready Set GO! GO! GO! June 17, 2008

With mixed blessings, Brad and I are heading home to the United States following our year of service in Germany. But, we ask ourselves, where is home these days? Is it New York where Brad was born and raised and the home of his parents? Is it Colorado where our townhome is?
Or are we leaving home...Kandern, Germany, the place where God has put our hearts until he calls us elsewhere, the place where we are still foreigners, aliens, the place where we cannot speak the language?
Golly, gee willikers! I think Brad and I have just crossed some bridge of understanding into the world of an MK.
Where is home? In the words of many of my highly intelligent MKs...home is heaven!
In the greater picture, the greater spiritual picture, I have come to understand that my spiritual home is the most important thing, not the temporary home that this earthly body resides in.

No comments: