Saturday, October 27, 2007

Our neighbors--the cows

One of the good things about small town living is that you can get to know the cows up close and personal. ( I hope I can get it uploaded)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Guys - Glad to seeing you are doing so well and trying to keep busy. I think we told you earlier that our daughter and her family were in your area in August and visited some of Farris's family living on a dairy farm near Bern. This picture of the cow and particularly the bell reminded me of the bell given to the boys from a neighbor who had received it as a wedding present. We saw it when we were back in VA a couple of weeks ago. This one was about eight inches in diameter with a belt about 6 inches wide. I'm sure it was just ornimental because of the weight and the belt was a little short to go around a cow's neck. The boys of course had to try it on and then lug it around Germany and Belgium for a week. We are really enjoying your blogs and the pictures say a thousand words. Jerry

Unknown said...

Hi Guys: Kim (daughter) said the bell weighed around 30 lbs. One of the boys wore it around his waist the next day. Strong little quy!